Front End Engineer // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
Join our Team!
NBT product development team is an eclectic mix of expertise in design, software, firmware and hardware. The cross-domain knowledge, the collaboration between the different departments and the professionalism in the development process can all but lead to delightful outcomes that the team can be proud of.
As a Front End Engineer, you play a crucial role in building functionalities and interfaces that make the product enjoyable and delightful to the end-user – the very goals we as a team are seeking to achieve.
These will be your tasks
- Build data-centric dashboards that convey useful business information
- Build intuitive, innovative, clean and compliant web and mobile interfaces
- Build attractive landing pages and informational websites for the ventures
- Collaborate with developers and founders from the ventures to translate product requirements to well-designed, functional codebases
- Collaborate with developers on software design reviews, peer code reviews and feedback sessions
- Collaborate with NBT’s design team to convert wireframes to functional prototypes
- Integrate frontend codebases of ventures with backend infrastructure
- Collaborate with NBT’s engineering team on side-projects to hack innovative frontends
- Maintain NBT’s public-facing website and other internal apps
You’re offering these qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of Reactjs, Vuejs, Angularjs and similar libraries or frameworks
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of REST, RPC and other techniques for building APIs
- Excellent knowledge of D3.js or similar visualization libraries
- Proven experience with Git as version control
- Familiarity with Scrum, Agile and similar project management methodologies
- Knowledge in security and performance of frontend applications
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Webflow.com which is sometimes used to quickly build venture websites
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in UX research, user testing, A/B tests, and experiments to make data-driven decisions
We’re offering these benefits
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.