Senior Frontend Engineer // Crate.IO
Location: Berlin, Dornbirn, Remote
Are you inspired by open source and an agile work environment?
We are looking for experienced engineers who will contribute to building a new breed of database: a distributed SQL database, aimed at Big Data, that is massively scalable and dead simple to use.
Our company was built in 2013 with the vision of developing a database which is great for users, developers and, most importantly, for back-end services that truly scale. Traditional databases don’t offer this; we’re building the solution!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Crate.io you will be the go-to person for all frontend related questions and you will completely own our frontend agenda and make architectural decisions. You will closely collaborate with our UX-Manager.
Our engineers are versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. Our teams enjoy a great deal of freedom and love to take responsibility for the things they create, which is also supported by our company-wide use of Scrum.
If this sounds like the work environment you want to work in we’d love to hear from you!
We are a deep tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria) and Berlin. Remote locations are possible.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Meet new like-minded and friendly people with international backgrounds
- Be part of awesome team events and smaller activities with your local team
- A result-driven environment that allows you to reach your full potential
- The possibility to immerse yourself in brand new technologies
- Considerable flexibility in all organisational matters
- Great work experience in a renowned and established IT startup
HOW YOU WILL GET THINGS DONE
- We use scrum to push our product forward
- You think out of the box and are able to find new, creative and if need be, unconventional solutions
- You will fail, make mistakes, and start again – that’s ok. It’s called learning.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- Extensive professional (5 years+) experience as a frontend developer
- Good knowledge of REST, GraphQL, Webpack, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with Test Driven Development (Jest and Enzyme)
- Valid work permit for European Union
- Fluent English
- You are an awesome team player and possess a great deal of cultural and social competence
- Familiar with git
- Experience with Scrum
- Knowledge with Angular or other Frontend Frameworks
- Worked with Jenkins, Travis for Cl and automation
- Basic Python skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market-based compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan for longterm employees
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (#2 IOT start-up to watch by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We look forward to hearing from you!