As a Frontend Developer at Elara, you will help our mission to bring manufacturing companies to the 21st century. We are a well-funded early-stage startup located in Berlin working on an application to connect maintenance managers and shop floor workers to streamline work processes and reduce unplanned machine downtime.
You’ll work closely with the design and development teams, building high-speed products that are well-tested and rock solid. You’ll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle, including developing, deploying, and maintaining new and existing features.
We’re still in the very early days of Elara, and as such, much of the tech stack is rapidly changing. Flexibility is key here, and your input and expertise on the stack are very much wanted.
On a base level, experience with the following tech is a major pro:
- You have an eye for detail and can bring static UI’s to life.
- You love creating highly responsive, cross-browser-compatible implementations of interfaces.
- You know how to break down projects into small, shipable components.
- You know how to write performant and stable frontend code.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are a strong self-manager.
- You have at least one year of professional full-time experience.
- Experience with native mobile app development through React Native is a major plus.
- We are seeking people who can work in an employed, full-time position (and have a work permit for the EU and ideally, are located in Germany), or if you are a freelancer, you can dedicate at least 6 months to us.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Elara come from every corner of the globe.
Do you want to join our team as our new Frontend Developer? Then we’d love to hear from you!
The application process involves a short screening interview and then doing a ~1-hour coding challenge. Our goal is to make this one of the fastest application processes you go through so you aren’t left hanging/wondering for days/weeks on end.