Frontend Developer (React)
We envision a future in which every product can be traced back to its roots. To us transparency is the key to sustainable production and consumption and we are working hard to give companies the right tools to achieve exactly that. Companies are using our tool to manage, prove and communicate social and environmental impact to their customers.
About this role
As a frontend developer you will be working directly with our two tech co-founders as well as a junior developer and multiple freelancers. You will own the development of new features, driving them from initial idea to finished implementation by collaborating with our designer and backend team.
What you’ll be doing
- Implement new features into our various front end applications
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code
- Add your expertise in sprint and product planning meetings
- Analyse, rethink and refactor the code to scale the application
- Write and maintain our test suite
- Learn every day, and share your knowledge with your co-workers
- Participate in code reviews
What you should bring
- 2+ years of working with React
- A good eye for design and usability
- CSS should be a second language to you (we use Styled Components)
- Experience with GraphQL (Apollo Client) is a big plus
- Experience in backend development (especially using Python) is a plus but not a requirement
What’s in it for you
We put a lot of emphasis on high code quality and test coverage so we have minimal technical debt and you would be spending most of your time developing new services and features instead of battling legacy spaghetti code. There are a lot of exciting projects coming up that will open the opportunity to try new technologies and implement your ideas.
Some of our perks
- Complete remote work possible
- Employee share ownership plan
- Opportunity to work with a truly committed and ambitious team
- Regular remote team events
- Regular company offsites
We are a small, passionate and driven team aiming at turning consumer product transparency into the norm, rather than the exception. seedtrace is a digital platform to manage, prove and communicate social and environmental impact at scale by driving technological innovations and collaboration along the supply chain.
The company: At seedtrace, we’re a team of humble, life-long learners who are eager to collaborate to make this company a success. Our values of ownership, collaboration and humility are at the core of what we’re doing. We believe in what we’re doing and we are building a collaborative, supportive and welcoming environment around that dream.
The product: seedtrace is a transparency platform – we make it easy for our customers to become more transparent and honest about how their products were made. We’re super proud of what we have built so far and we have big dreams of what this product could become.
How we work: We are a remote company with flat hierarchies – therefore, good spirits and collaboration come natural to us. We are using the best collaboration tools available to us but we also place high value on human contact – having regular check ins with the whole company and daily meetings within our respective teams.