Frontend Engineer // Donut
Great that you found us here.
We are Donut, a software company based in Berlin. We were founded in 2018 starting with a simple problem. How do we help millennials set better savings and investing habits?
Sounds easy? ✅
Not quite. We believe that 10 years from now, people will have the majority of their wealth stored in digital assets. That could be anything from cryptocurrencies, fractional ownership of art or owning a piece of land in virtual reality.
We have set out to empower everyone to become an investor in that future.
The story so far 🏆
In the past year, we have scaled the team from 4 to 11, built a mobile app and raised $1.9M led by Redalpine (investors in N26, TaxFix), Tiny VC and Entrepreneur First.
Our first product is a micro-investment service into Bitcoin. What does that mean? Every time you buy a matcha latte, we round the difference from €3.50 to €4.00, and turn the €0.50 into Bitcoin. Easy.
We’re building a world-class team which is focused on helping users save and invest for their future. Bit by bit.
What are we looking for? 😄
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer, who will work with the Product and Tech team (5 engineers) to build exciting new product features. You’ll work on:
- Building a state-of-the-art, polished and well maintained mobile app
- Helping craft a delightful UI as well as an amazing mobile user experience
- Collaborating with the Product and Tech teams to find elegant and simple solutions
- Proactively helping the team learn and adopt best practices by sharing your knowledge and providing feedback
You’ll be a great fit if you 👋
- You are hungry to learn, proactive and a self-starter
- You like taking the initiative and having ownership of your work
- You believe that TDD is the way to go
- You’re down to earth and enjoy working in teams
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
What we offer 📚
- Our team is standout: you’ll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking and ambitious team every day
- Join as an early employee and have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of engineering at Donut
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack (Golang, Postgres, React Native, GraphQL, Typescript, k8s)
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software (we’re loving Notion & Linear at the moment) and desk set-up
- Our own ‘Donut Library’ and bi-weekly knowledge sharing talks on topics from sailing, blockchain protocols to engineering
- Compelling equity package: we’ll reward you for driving our product forward
- Your fair share of (vegan) donuts!
- Dog friendly office
Diversity and inclusion 🌈
- We are an equal employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important (if you could include your GitHub profile or a link to your portfolio that would be awesome!)
- **Note: unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas at this time – you will need a valid EU work permit**