Frontend Engineer (x/f/m)
Full-time (Remote optional; EU time zones preferred)
Emphasis: React | HTML / CSS | AWS
Meshcapade is a startup creating realistic human avatars for use in research, apparel, biomechanics, virtual reality and film. Using machine learning and computer vision, we model the nuances of human shape and movement. We build automation from 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap, IMU and image data. Our methods derive from SOTA research and we bring realistic human models to life in everyday environments. Our core product, digidoppel, is a consumer-facing platform for the creation, modification, and delivery of our models and related assets.
What we offer
You will work closely with the founders to help build the online presence of a fresh startup, with the opportunity to drive design from the ground up. We are a team of passionate creators from a variety of backgrounds, seeking to change how people generate, think about, and make use of digital avatars. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our offices are based in Tübingen, Germany. Remote working option is available.
We are looking for a front-end developer with mastery of their domain. We want someone who can transform a design brief and wireframes into a functional, maintainable, and performant web application. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of outstanding user interface authorship. We are a small startup and every member of our team is expected to pitch in where necessary, up to and beyond the edges of their wheelhouse. We seek someone who will speak their mind with the confidence which experience brings.
- Develop and maintain web applications and APIs used by customers around the globe
- Build infrastructure and interfaces that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Anticipate customer needs, proactively fix problems and develop new features
- Implement designs from wireframes, prototypes, and briefs using modern web technologies
- Communicate with backend engineers about API requirements and refinements.
- 4+ years professional experience as frontend engineer
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Mastery of front-end frameworks and GUI construction (React)
- Experience with web technologies including REST, HTML 5 and CSS
- Experience integrating third-party APIs for auth, payment, etc.
- Experience with version control, CI/CD and testing frameworks
- Stellar, proactive communication and teamwork skills. As we are remote, we need an engineer who will take an active role in daily communication with the rest of the team, and who will work to understand the core problems we seek to solve and the business we conduct.
- Experience with Angular
- Experience working with 3D assets and WebGL
- Experience with Python and bash scripting
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Linux Containers and Docker