Frontend Engineer (ReactJS) – Recruiter Portal (f/m/d)
Do you want to help companies master their biggest challenge and have a positive impact on the lives of thousands of people? Join the Heyvolution!
Our matching technology based on machine learning automatically connects suitable talents with suitable jobs, and thus enables volume recruitment for 1,500+ companies in DACH.
So far we have helped over 670,000+ professionals start a new job.
Our recruiter portal is the way thousands of recruiters access the HeyJobs platform to solve their hiring needs by getting access to talent with perfectly matched candidates.
Your team is committed to making a significant impact on the recruiter’s daily life by both making new features available that give easy access to the machine-learning powered HeyJobs platform, as well as improving their user experience. We strive to improve the laborious job search, application, and feedback processes of applicants using our platform, and optimise the recruitment processes for our clients
You will work in a cross-functional team of product owner, engineers, and QA support to deliver on our quarterly objectives that support our mission. In your role, you will spearhead the frontend efforts in the recruiter portal – driving features both from technical as well (ideally) UX perspective and from ideation to production.
You will own and gradually improve the teams existing frontend approach, architecture, and standards, while aligning with frontend engineers in other teams, as well as during our frontend guild.
- A passion for frontend development and B2B user experiences
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with ReactJS
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with web backend, any language
- Willingness to get into Ruby on Rails for backend work in order to drive features end to end
- Commitment to writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing other team members’ code
- Focus on feature quality and clean code paired with a pragmatic approach and can-do attitude
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills (German not required)
- The passion to learn and grow with us
Optional but appreciated:
- Experience in Ruby on Rails for backend development
- Experience in designing UX experiences (not UI design) – preferably including quick research, mock-ups, and iteration
- Work on our user-facing single page application and our admin tool for internal users using ReactJS / Redux
- Work with your product manager and engineers in the team to design, implement and maintain features that improve the daily life of recruiters using our portal
- Take over responsibilities to deliver features end to end – from ideation to production
- Own and improve the team’s frontend standards, architecture and approach an alignment with other teams and our frontend guild
- Drive impact in your team OKRs by working cooperatively and integrating features end-to-end
- Participate in API design and maintenance
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life
- Welcoming company culture: Our values – Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive – are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path with regular performance feedback, supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’500 customers, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, work from home and remote possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer – great lunch options and food markets
Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin’s best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups
Check out our blog, LinkedIn or our techblog to find out more about us.