Frontend Software Engineer (m/f/d)
25% of the 100 top grossing mobile games have been tested with PlaytestCloud. Help us make it 100%!
- We’re the premier user testing provider for mobile games – we help game studios worldwide make the best games they possibly can.
- We’ve built technology that modifies iOS and Android games on the binary level to add screencast recording, security features and instructions.
- We’re bootstrapped and profitable, with 300+ paying customers and 2’000’000+ testers.
We want to hire another Software Engineer (f/m/d) to help us speed up product development and bring new exciting features to market.
We’re looking for an engineer who is experienced with frontend web development (ideally Angular and TypeScript, but we’re open to users of all JS Frameworks) and is competent in turning mockups or photoshop designs into clean CSS code. They are also interested in learning about mobile frontend development (Flutter, iOS, Android) as they go.
Example tasks might include (we work on everything as a team):
- Develop a library of re-usable UI components using CSS and Angular/TypeScript
- Implement an interactive pricing page from a Photoshop mockup
- Upgrade our code base to the next major version of Bootstrap
- Re-work the UIs of our Android/iOS apps together with a designer
It would also be great if:
- you have experience working on real-world web applications, through university projects or prior jobs
- Minimal amount of meetings – both founders are engineers and understand how important undisrupted focus is
- Lots of variety in challenges and technologies
- Amazing co-workers, share things you’ve learned within the team and vice-versa
- Flexible hours – we just care that you get your work done, not what hours you’re around for
- Budget for your own professional development (e-learning, conference visits, …)
- Work from anywhere close to the GMT+2 time zone, even after COVID is over.
- If you want to move to Germany: Visa assistance and budget for German language classes
- Web platform: Ruby on Rails/TypeScript/Angular/Sass
- PlaytestCloud App (iOS/Android): Flutter
- Recording Library (Android): Java
- Recording Library (iOS): Objective-C
At PlaytestCloud, we welcome diversity and believe everyone should have a fair chance at setting the high score. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everybody who works here or with us, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (or lack thereof), political affiliation, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status or any other protected characteristics. Join us and make the future of mobile gaming diverse, inclusive, and exciting.
Do you need to meet all the requirements to apply? Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying. We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and PlaytestCloud.