Full-Stack developer (Berlin, English-speaking)
For a long-standing customer of ours, a German top 5 wholesaler/retailer for construction materials, Promptus handles all technical development of their client-facing internal and e-commerce tools. Specifically for this project, we are seeking a long term Senior Full Stack developer to join our team, ideally present in Berlin. The ideal candidate has expertise in creating innovative consumer software products and thrives in an agile, collaborative and data-informed environment. The candidate will help drive consumer products innovation in close collaboration with the product owners and clients. In the future, you might also become the team lead of our distributed development team. The successful candidate will be an expert communicator and multi-tasker, and have a passion for developing to deliver a rock-solid product with superior UX.
Promptus is a Berlin-based business angel boutique. We invest in ideas but very much also like to pursue our own ventures. One of the successful businesses we launched is Hotel MSSNGR, a leading software solution for guest communication in hotels. Our team is very product-driven, consisting mainly of Developers, UX Designers and Product Managers. Promptus was founded in 2011.
- In an agile team, you will be working on orchestrating a feature-rich CMS, various multi-platform clients and the API connecting them
- Help improve and maintain the code and create with us the next generation of our Web Apps
- Oversee and develop architectural solutions for backend apps on several projects
- You will cooperate with cross-functional teams here in Berlin and distributed through Europe
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- At least 4 years of working experience in backend development ‒ agile is strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of modern object-oriented programming languages such as e.g. Ruby (preferred), Python, Java
- Proficient knowledge of database management systems. MySQL, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Ubuntu Server or other UNIX-based server administration (experience with server provisioning via Ansible a plus)
- DRY is one of your top programming principles
- Test-driven development
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- In-depth knowledge of version control systems, preferably Git
- You can visualise data and build user interfaces using TypeScript, ReactJS, HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge in Cordova is helpful in the deployment cycle
- Fluent in English
- Basic German language skills are a plus
Benefits and perks
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- No stupid meetings
- An awesome loft office in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Multiple social events, e.g. team dinners, culture & sports, retreats
- A culture of working remotely
- A fantastic team!
Contact Simon Brückner, Co-Founder firstname.lastname@example.org