Full-Stack Developer // Bistrohub
Bistrohub’s provides the first integration solution for restaurants to manage all their online orders from a single interface, integrate with their POS, avoid mistakes and focus on their growth.
About the role:
As one of our first engineers, you will have enormous influence over our engineering culture and our technology stack. You’ll define our product roadmap and develop our MVP from scratch, making architectural decisions that will define our engineering culture, while collaborating with our sales and product teams to make our customer’s experience fun and engaging.
- This position requires long periods at our Madrid office or a permanent relocation.
- Utilise a variety of front and backend technologies to build a scalable MVP
- Work as our leading full stack developer to create solutions to ensure optimal experiences for our restaurants
- You’ll have the opportunity to define our engineering culture and technical stack since the beginning
- Establish the technical requirements and development execution of our product
Your skills include:
(We want to emphasise that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in some of these areas.)
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- 5 or more years professional experience writing web-based applications in any language, (Preferably Ruby/Rails, Go, Python or Scala)
- Experience with TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, Capybara, Selenium)
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Experience with front-end web technology, bonus points for React
- Experience with web architecture at scale
- Experience with “NoSQL” data backends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience solving integration problems with software
- Experience in systems integration, architecture, and design
- Experience with data integration and workflow design
- Experience working in a cross-functional team
- Experience working with Git
- Experience writing testable and maintainable code
- A bias for action and pragmatism over perfection.
- Fluent English
Benefits and Diversity
We are a small team, with an aim for large impact, we move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!