Full Stack Developer // CANDIS
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, developers and ML engineers to create a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend don’t exist at CANDIS – we transcend these outdated structures to deliver outstanding, maintainable, and scalable features and services
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a holistic user experience
- As a mid-level/ senior developer you are both an expert coder and ideally a mentor to more junior team members.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Strong experience as a full stack developer/ software engineer, working on the front end and back end of applications (70/30 split towards frontend is still applicable)
- Proven track record of delivering scalable and reliable software
- You can tell us about architectural patterns of cloud-native applications (well-designed APIs, data-streaming approaches…)
- You have an interest in constantly learning how we can improve on building better, more scalable and maintainable solutions. In a word: you’re driven to build quality software.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You can put yourself in the shoes of our users and your teammates
- You have a learning mindset and embrace the opportunity to learn from your work and teammates. Of course you’re happy to share your experience and knowledge with other engineers.
- You are open-minded and embrace the fact that building software is a team effort
- You have experience scaling data-intensive applications with high availability
- You have a passion for writing clean and readable code
- You are critically aware of how your technical choices affect the success of the company
- You are pragmatic about shipping code on time but you also realize when it’s necessary for work to take its time
A FEW PROJECTS WE WORK ON
- Modularizing our main product to enable us to scale into international markets and offer our users the product they need
- We’re always looking at emerging technologies that could help our users save time and enable new real time workflows
- Improving the quality of our data extraction pipelines using machine learning and other approaches while maintaining a high level of accuracy