Full Stack Engineer – Climate Tech – TypeScript / React
We are a climate tech startup on a mission to drive climate action through data and insight. Our team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and scientists, who joined us from Google, MIT, PIK Potsdam and other backgrounds are building a tech platform to empower organisations to take action in tackling the climate crisis. We are building an open-data solution for developers to automatically measure greenhouse gas emissions and consequently act upon robust data and insight. Our flexible tracking API can be integrated into software that businesses already use to accurately calculate and continuously monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
We’re based in Berlin and backed by renowned VCs and advisors in the climate-tech and software sector.
This is an amazing time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology-driven endeavour from the beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful together with our community.
We are now looking for a Full Stack Engineer (Remote CET timezone) who is passionate about driving measurable, technology-driven change to tackle the climate crisis to join the team. Reporting to the CTO, you will focus on building and improving our user-facing products. We are looking for self-driven engineers who bring fresh ideas and are able to develop a product autonomously in a collaborative environment.
We use the latest technologies, like Rust to power our distributed Edge API, TypeScript and NextJS for our Documentation page and Analytics Dashboard, and FaunaDB as our serverless Database, and Python for data processing. We prioritize high scalability and development ergonomics, and collaborate using GitHub.
- Contribute to our user-facing applications using React, TypeScript and NextJS
- Design, conceptualize and implement new functionalities across the full stack of the application
- Lead the design of UX flows and UI features across the suite of Climatiq applications
- Contribute to shaping an Open Data platform for the climate science and sustainability community
- Develop and contribute to our API clients
- Collaborate via code reviews, sharing knowledge with your peers
- Work with Product, Sales and the Founders on project priorities and deliverables
- Proficiency in building applications using React and TypeScript in production.
- Write well-structured and high-quality code that’s easily maintainable by others.
- Self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Experience with UX design and ability to set a visual direction with minimal guidance.
- Experience with TailwindCSS, NextJS and Vercel
- Experience with FaunaDB, FQL, GraphQL or functional query languages
- Experience releasing or contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience building developer-focused tools and APIs in production
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
If you don’t tick all the boxes but you are passionate about what we are building, we still want to hear from you.
- Location: Berlin or Remote within +/- 2 hours of CET timezone
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
Climatiq is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Send us your CV and a short cover letter, highlighting your skills and experience, relevant for the role.