Full Stack Engineer (m/w/d)
- Together with the product team and your developer colleagues you implement the vision of creating a product that helps thousands of users with mental diseases (e.g., depression, eating disorders) week by week to get in touch with a professional psychotherapist via our proprietary video-therapy platform MindDoc.
- As somebody who is familiar with state of the art technology and development stack and best-practices, you have the option to contribute to the technology strategy and roadmap of the team
- With your day to day work and deliverables, you significantly contribute to the overall success of our therapy product and its user satisfaction (therapists, patients, patient management).
- You have the option to contribute to and shape an engineering culture where developers enjoy working and keep learning constantly
- You have close contact to our product and QA team as well as our users (e.g, therapist) and help them troubleshoot, debug, and maintain a high quality of our product.
- You have a track record in building web applications in agile environments
- Our frontend applications are built using Vue.js. You are experienced in using any frontend frameworks like Vue.js, React or Angular
- On the backend you have experience with working with any enterprise technology like Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java etc. We develop our backend applications using Node.js and Ruby. Any experience with frameworks like NestJS is a plus
- You have experience in test-driven development. We work extensively with Jest to ensure we have 100% test coverage throughout
- You have very good knowledge of Git, development workflow automation and CI (Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Travis, Jenkins, CircleCI…). Continuous Delivery is in our DNA
- You know how to use Docker for local development. Basic knowledge of Helm is a plus
- Basic experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, Heroku or Azure is a plus
- You have an appreciation for great user experience as much as for awesome tech architecture
- You are great at communicating with people, motivating everyone and getting the whole team on the same page
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- As our products are used by patients with severe mental health diseases, we put a lot of emphasis into secure applications, documentation, verification, and validation to make sure our products are both: beneficial and safe at the same time. This comes with its own challenges for sure, but at the same time provides us the opportunity to deliver a product that really is meaningful, unique in the market and helps people (more than yet another food delivery service probably)
- The most important one: willingness to learn. We are constantly learning new things and we enjoy it a lot. As we use many new technologies, we don’t expect to find people experienced in all of them. If you are excited about our tech-stack and you think you are a fast learner, do not hesitate to apply!
According to the WHO, mental disorders rank among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide, affecting approx. 450 million people globally. Stigmatization, a lack of therapeutic capacities and high entry barriers into treatment lead to a high percentage of people receiving no or inadequate treatment.
With MindDoc, we deliver high-quality therapy and self-management tools for people suffering from mental diseases like depression, anxiety, eating or compulsory disorders with different intensity and forms of treatment. We combine our in-depth understanding of psychotherapy with a strong technological platform that enables patients to access our services easily, quickly, and seamlessly to improve their health and increase the quality of life.
Currently, we cover two products:
MindDoc as a telemedicine platform for outpatient psychotherapy via video and chat – delivered by licensed psychotherapists and in cooperation with >10 health insurance companies in Germany, MindDoc has been available – at full reimbursement – for ~25 million insured persons in Germany for several years now. The therapy is delivered over our proprietary web application.
MindDoc monitoring and self-management as the leading app in monitoring and self-management of general mental diseases and their symptoms which as already downloaded more than 3 million times and is regularly used by ten thousands of users globally.