Full Stack Engineer (Next.js)
We are a group of ex-Google technology entrepreneurs who spent the last 8 months building a new platform to help organisations scale their climate emissions down to zero. Our software helps businesses understand how and where they generate carbon emissions, and makes it easy to initiate effective change. Our flexible tracking API can be integrated into software that businesses already use to accurately measure and continuously monitor greenhouse gas emissions. Supported by meaningful data, organizations can then use the Climatiq marketplace to reduce their carbon emissions and offset the rest through high-impact projects.
We’re based in Berlin and backed by renowned VCs and advisors in the climate-tech and software sector.
This is an amazing time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology-driven change from the very beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful.
We are now looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with a focus on Product Development and Open Source to join the team. Reporting to the CTO, you are passionate about driving measurable, technology-driven change to tackle the climate crisis. We are looking for self-driven software engineers who bring fresh ideas and are able to develop a product autonomously in a collaborative environment.
We use the latest technologies such as Rust and WebAssembly to power our distributed Edge API, Typescript and NextJS for our Documentation page and Analytics Dashboard, and FaunaDB as our serverless Database. We prioritize high scalability and development ergonomics, and collaborate using GitHub.
On a day to day basis, this means:
- Develop using Next.js/React for the front-end and back-end of our applications
- Contribute to shaping an Open Data platform for the climate science and sustainability community
- Develop and contribute to our Open Source API clients
- Design, conceptualize and implement new functionalities across the full stack of the application
- Collaborate via code reviews, sharing knowledge with your peers
- Work with Product and C-level on project priorities and deliverables
- Genuine interest in the climate technology sector, sustainability, and a carbon neutral economy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Write well-structured and high-quality code that’s easily maintainable by others
- Experience with React and NextJS, FaunaDB/FQL, or functional query languages
- Fluent in English
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Rust, or the intention to learn it
- Experience with Python
- Experience releasing or contributing to Open Source projects
- Location: Berlin, or Remote within +/- 2 hours of CET timezone
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
- Salary: competitive, including stock options
Climatiq is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team.