Game QA Tester (m/f/div) // Klang Games
About Klang Games
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Are you an experienced QA Tester, with a love for MMOs, and the wish to be part of a truly ambitious project? At Klang you have the chance to prove your skills and help shape an incredible exciting game from the very beginning. If you have a great eye for detail and are passionate about delivering quality, this might be for you.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be testing the game for the whole development cycle – from reactive testing in early feature implementation to exploratory testing, where you really try to find all the ways to break our game
- You’ll maintain and contribute to the creation of test plans
- You’ll be a champion of QA best practices, promoting them to the whole team
- Together with the QA Manager you’ll be ensuring the quality and timely progress of development
- Embedded into the development team, you’ll work directly with members of all departments
- You’ll monitor several branches simultaneously and help running play-tests
- You’ll be in close contact to our community, to evaluate their feedback and represent the company
- You’ll assist coordination with off-site teams
- You have at least two years of experience as a QA Tester in game development
- Your JIRA skills are solid
- You feel at home in an Agile development environment, where you work in multidisciplinary teams
- You have a technical mind, are a natural problem solver and know how to find out what you don’t know already
- You appreciate an open and honest environment, and your communication skills are up to the task of participating in the same manner
- You have a knack for finding the weak points in a game…
- … and the writing skills to document a bug clearly and precisely
- You’re excited about learning to use new tools
- Some experience with Unity would be a plus
- Knowledge about Automation testing is a nice to have
- And an interest in MMOs is the cherry on top!
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Join a well-funded and growing gaming studio in the centre of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Flexible office hours
- Speak at and attend tech talks, meetups and gaming conferences
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Free membership with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office with standing desks and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Well-stocked kitchen and free company lunches on Thursdays
- Relocation assistance and visa support