Head of Data Science (Amazon SaaS) // Sellics
As a profitable, global and rapidly expanding SaaS start-up from Berlin, Sellics is revolutionizing commerce on the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon. We implement almost exclusively open source technology and work using a combination of lean, agile and DevOps practices.
We have developed an All-in-One solution for sellers and vendors, including everything they need to be successful on Amazon. Our integrated toolbox offers features for all aspects of business: Amazon SEO, Profit Analysis, PPC Campaign Management, Product Research, Review and Inventory Management and Competitor Tracking. And with more exciting features to be added in the future, we continue to shape this fast-growing industry with cutting edge software innovation.
As a bootstrapped company, Sellics values ownership and agility. As such, we are able to listen to customers and incorporate their feedback, and also pay close attention to the well-being of our employees. As a result, staff members not only enjoy working with us, but are actively involved in the development and success of the company.
In your position of Head of Data Science you will be responsible for Sellics’ Data Science team and take care of shaping, driving and communicating the vision of Data Science at Sellics.
One of the core tasks of you and your team is focusing on the integration of technologies in the fields of predictive analytics, machine learning and AI in order to ensure the success of Sellics’ clients on Amazon
- identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the Amazon ecosystem to automate and optimize merchant’s activity
- have a holistic understanding of the business and its process, lead innovation within the business and define how to create additional value through the utilization of our data assets and analytics
- motivate your team by proactively and transparently leading them through the dynamic challenges of organic and paid ranking, pricing management, and advertising optimization on Amazon
- work with your team to conceptualize and implement predictive infrastructures, processes and models for a deep understanding of data in a growing variety of fields leading to the projection of future developments
- work closely with various stakeholders across Sellics and act as an ambassador of the Data Science team and as the responsible interface to the Senior Management
Your background and experience that makes you a great fit for the HoDS position:
- You have a proven record of managing a team of data scientists for 2+ years
- You have 5+ years of relevant Data Science experience including a proven track record of translating business problems, features and improvements into productionalized Data Science solutions
- You hold profound experience and skills in the following areas:
> Machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling in business environments expressed in the ability to break down complex problems
> Processing, organizing, visualizing, interpreting and communicating complex data, highly-developed skills in roadmap planning, project management and anticipation of future developments
> Applied analytics for business problem solving (e. g. pricing optimization, advertising effectiveness, customer segmentation and targeting, customer LTV maximization, churn prevention).
> Project management, and you communicate effectively ensuring that projects move forward
- You graduated with a Master or PhD degree in a field linked to machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or engineering
- You have knowledge of PostgreSQL, Docker and Jenkins
- You deliver excellent coding in Python, in particular Pandas and Scikit-Learn
- You conceive patterns in large and complex data sets with ease, identify the underlying challenges and mechanisms and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions to answer them
- You bring full proficiency in English
- A very well located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Flexible office hours
- Flat hierarchies with open communication
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Self Improvement Grant
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Participation in our annual company trip – this year, we’ve been to Lisbon!