Head of Engineering (Backend) // Sellics
As a profitable, global and rapidly expanding SaaS start-up from Berlin, Sellics is revolutionizing commerce on the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon.
We have developed an All-in-One solution for sellers and vendors, including everything they need to be successful on Amazon. Our integrated toolbox offers features for all aspects of business: Amazon SEO, Profit Analysis, PPC Campaign Management, Product Research, Review and Inventory Management and Competitor Tracking. And with more exciting features to be added in the future, we continue to shape this fast-growing industry with cutting edge software innovation.
As a bootstrapped company, Sellics values ownership and agility. As such, we are able to listen to customers and incorporate their feedback, and also pay close attention to the well-being of our employees. As a result, staff members not only enjoy working with us, but are actively involved in the development and success of the company.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering who wants to be an active part in developing the #1 tool for Amazon success!
- Be working closely with the CTO as a sparring partner
- Be responsible for the operational management of the backend team (20 people)
- Be supporting your team to grow to the next level
- Be hiring awesome new team members and grow a small engineering team to a big one
- Be working closely with the CTO on improving the development processes
- Ensure that we are a high production development company
- Make sure that the management structure is settled
You will be leading a team where people are taking ownership: they need a leader who will coach and develop them and get the most out of them. You need to understand what is missing and you will drive for results. You need to be a democratic leader, but take the lead if needed. Leaders at Sellics lead without an ego and are role models in self-reflection for the team.
- Worked for B2B, SaaS software company having 50+ developers and you understand the business
- Led an engineering department as a Head/Director/CTO previously
- Technical management experience in managing a 20-30 people team
- Started your career as an engineer and have a developer background
- Experience in process management
- Experience in growing a startup, you have built engineering teams
- Are super process driven
- Are ready to leave your comfort zone
- Show drive and ambition
- Don’t take things as granted, ask the why question
- Drive for innovation
- Are humble
- Take ownership and execute
- A very well located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Flexible office hours
- Flat hierarchies with open communication
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Self Improvement Grant
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Participation in our annual company trip – this year, we’ve been to Lisbon!