Head of Insights – Berlin // Motionlogic
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signaling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement analytics. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events every day and provide actionable insights in near real time. How many people commute into Berlin every day? How many tourists visit the capital? How do they all travel? And how is it for any other city in all of Germany – and for other countries?
If powerful analytics digesting enormous amounts of data sound exciting to you – read on!
We are an international company with hand-picked experts from (currently) 15 different countries. We are a Berlin-based company offering our services in multiple European countries. We never stop making our analytics smarter and our team stronger, and therefore we are looking for an experienced person to head our Insights Team. Someone who will own the task of coming up with and designing clever algorithms turning data into insights so that we can continue to excel our competition and to deliver compelling solutions that impress our B2B customers.
Starting time: Immediately.
What we offer:
- Startup flair with direct communications and open-door policy
- Modern working environment with nice and very smart colleagues in all parts of the company
- Trust-based and flexible working hours for a solid work-life-balance
- Attractive office location close to Park am Gleisdreieck with perfect connection to public transport and easily reached via bicycle/scooter/motorbike/car (parking available); numerous cafés and restaurants in the area for quality food during lunch breaks
- Tailor-made arrangements for the team and for you, ranging from home office days to free coffee, fruits and vegetables
- Active involvement in one of the most dynamic business sectors of our time with the opportunity to conceive and shape innovative products that the markets have not yet seen
- Direct co-working with our Managing Directors to shape our company’s future
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will conceive and design smart and scalable algorithms for mobility analytics based on telecommunication data.
- You will manage the Insights Team and, as a role model, motivate your team to strive for the best and grow their skills and experience.
- You will actively and independently own and structure all stages of prototyping new solutions, i.e. translating business requirements into potential algorithms, estimating and planning work resources in your team to bring these to life.
- You will work closely with the Data Engineering team detailing the design and overlooking its implementation and reviewing the solutions with your stakeholders.
- Together with Quality Assurance and Data Science, you will review the performance of your algorithms in production and will derive measures for improvements.
- Your role and responsibilities are at the heart of our company. Hence you will report directly to our company’s Managing Directors.
What we expect:
- A passion for data and algorithms and an inspirational mindset and behavior
- >5 years of hands-on experience in data analytics
- >1 year in team management
- Profound expertise in grasping business requirements and turning them into prototypes and proof-of-concepts that materialize your ideas
- Expertise in prioritization of resources and optimization of work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge in Python and the related Data Science ecosystem (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit Learn etc.)
- Knowledge in engineering novel algorithms in geospatial analytics
- Knowledge in applying machine learning and optimization techniques to large sets of data
- Extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills aiming to have the simplest solutions possible
- Great team player, who solves problems via communication and leads by example
- Very good communication skills which allow you to discuss requirements, resolve challenges and conflicts and communicate your findings with Sales, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Management
- Working experience in a startup as well as a multi-national corporate environment
- A university degree in natural science, computer science or similar
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (C-level to native)
Does this sound like an exciting challenge for you? Get in touch with us and let’s talk.
For further questions please call Dr. Steffen Lipperts: Tel: 030 8353 54283