Internal IT Specialist
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
We’re looking for a skilled internal system administrator to work as part of the team that manages the core IT infrastructure powering ResearchGate’s in-house operations and collaboration. As part of a team, the position is jointly responsible for running and maintaining our core IT infrastructure, including networks and servers, the collaboration stack (Microsoft, GSuite, Atlassian), shares, etc. Responsibilities also extend to the monitoring and management of the reliability, security and efficiency within an interesting stack of Linux, Mac and Microsoft systems. The team works head to ensure that problems are diagnosed and resolved quickly, whilst also planning and implementing functionality improvements and managing our hardware and software assets.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting common network services (VLAN, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, VPN etc.)
- Strong experience in providing technical support to standard tools (Google Workplace, Microsoft Office365, Atlassian stack), both on-premise and cloud-based
- Ability to work independently to devise and execute a plan of action
- Aptitude to drive projects in a fast-paced environment and model requirements, with a “team-first” mentality
- High sense of urgency and accountability
- Good communication skills, ability to work well with less experienced computer users as well as with a knowledgeable team of engineers
- Hands-on experience in administration of Cisco ASA and Linux-based servers is a plus
- Very good command of English and German required
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).