iOS/Backend Engineer (m/f/x) // Soundbrenner
We are looking for a fulltime iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of The Metronome by Soundbrenner, one of the most successful apps in the Music category, and the companion app for the Soundbrenner Core 4-in-1 musician’s Smartwatch. Our app is #1 when you search for “metronome” in the US store, and has over 500,000 monthly active users.
A job opportunity for iOS Engineers with a passion for music and music making, and those who are interested in working with IoT hardware and an international team of talented iOS, DSP, Android, and Embedded Systems Engineers.
Soundbrenner is one of Hong Kong’s most successful startup companies, with headquarters in Sheung Wan and an additional international tech office in Berlin/Germany.
You will be able to apply and develop your skills in many different areas:
- Backend services integration
- Subscription Services
- Push Notifications
- Bluetooth communication
- Offline storage
- Audio programming
- Fluency in Swift and Objective-C
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect our app to back-end services (we use Parse Server)
- Understanding of Storyboards and Adaptive Layouts
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and human interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory monitoring with tools such as Instruments
- Proficiency with iOS frameworks such as Core Bluetooth, Core Audio, CoreMIDI
- A passion for music, at least some basic music making skills
- Understanding of the full mobile development and release life cycle
- Experienced git user
- English proficiency in speaking and writing
The perfect addition to our team would be a developer who has a special interest for backend services integration, a great understanding of design patterns and architecture (MVVM, …), since these areas are currently underrepresented.
You will work with an international team of very talented engineers in an intense work environment. As a result you will experience a steep learning curve and have the chance to grow in rapid speed together with the company. It will be quite fast paced and a hell of a lot of fun. Our CTO summarized it quite well: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/working-at-soundbrenner-eb29e0a69fa5
If you are missing skills from the above list but believe that you can make up for it with great ambition, commitment and the ability to learn fast, we encourage you to apply.
At Soundbrenner we value justice and we value fairness. If you are capable of adding a lot of value to the company, you will be compensated accordingly. That’s why we are more than happy to offer you company equity as part of your pay. All you need to worry about is doing what you love to do: A great job.
The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
Our App: The Metronome by Soundbrenner
It’s a free app without ads, people really love it. We get great reviews every day, which makes working on this app really fun.
- Rating: 4.8, Over a million downloads, 500k+ monthly active users (both Android and iOS).
- Codebase: Native, a mix of Swift, Objective-C and C/C++.
Our Products: Smartwatches and Wearables specifically designed for Musicians
- Soundbrenner Core: The 4-in-1 Musician’s Smartwatch:
- Soundbrenner Pulse: Smart vibrating wearable metronome:
How to apply
Please submit your complete application including your salary expectations and earliest starting date to [email protected] Let us know who you are and which of your strengths make YOU the person we were looking for.