Java Engineer (Professional Services Team) (m/f/x) // commercetools
We are looking for a talented Engineer who codes with passion and cares about quality. You are familiar with responsive and scalable web applications and would like to use state-of-the-art technologies and frameworks? You have knowledge how a web application works, both on the front-end and back-end side? Then join us and work with us on challenging projects for our mother company REWE Digital!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Design and implement eCommerce web applications in Java
- Software Lifecycle Management of service from development to deployment
- Analyse requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Close work with your interdisciplinary, agile team consisting of Agile Coaches, Product Owners, Backend Developers, Test Engineers and Squad Architects
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, (Business) Informatics and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- Min. 3-5 years of full-time work experience as a Software Engineer in an agile environment (working with Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Solid experience in working with Java 6 (we work with Java 8)
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
- Lover of high quality and well tested code and experience with TDD
- Experience in functional programming and/or with Scala and Akka Streams
- Interest in eCommerce solutions
- Good English and general communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, conceptual skills as well as a structured, analytical and independent way of working
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player with a good dose of humor and pragmatism :-)
- Experience with Spring MVC, Spring DI and Spring Batch
- Experience with Ansible (or deployment in general)
- Experience with Docker
- Familiar with microservice architecture
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.