JS Developer // SoftIron
At SoftIron, we are committed to building the world’s best Ceph appliance – HyperDrive. We designed HyperDrive from the ground up, to just do one thing, run Ceph. With unique ARM64 architecture, a custom Linux based OS and years of engineering, we’re helping service providers, research institutions and data hoarders across the globe migrate their legacy storage to Ceph and HyperDrive. SoftIron is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with offices in London, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Brno, Czech Republic.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with alternative front-end build tools, such as Parcel, Gulp.js or Grunt
- Familiarity with code quality tools and linters
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Good understanding of accessibility and related specifications (e.g. WAI-ARIA)
SoftIron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
SoftIron does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SoftIron and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.