Junior Python Developer Contract // Motionlogic
Junior Python Developer Contract / Motionlogic
Do you want to put your career on the fast lane? To learn about the Big Data technologies used by the most successful technology companies in the world? To gain experience in Data Engineering? Then read on.
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signaling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement streams. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events per day and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are a very international company with people from (currently) 15 different countries. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we currently offer our services in multiple European countries.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to step up her game and gain real world experience with global scale-level big data. The individual should have some experience in Python technologies or some side projects in Github that show willingness to experiment and learn.
The contract will be of limited time and fulltime with a warranted duration of 6 months, which will be agreed in advance, with an immediate start if possible.
If it starts sounding interesting here are a few more details on what you will work if you join our team:
- Work with modern technologies like Python, Apache Spark, Flask, Pandas and SQL databases.
- Collaborate with quality engineers automating manual work around the testing process of an Apache Spark data processing pipeline
- Work on providing simple web UI to scale delivery of geospatial analytics reports
- Write simple, maintainable and testable Python code.
- Collaborate with data scientists and business analysts to visualize, integrate external data sources and further develop the system.
What we expect from you:
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions.
- Openness and ability to learn new technologies.
- At least basic programming skills in Python.
- Good English communication skills.
- Understanding the big picture and how hardware, software, networking infrastructure and algorithms affect each other.
What is a plus:
- Experience in SQL (PostgreSQL).
- Experience in data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Apache Spark.
Among the perks we offer you will get:
- Challenging tasks including data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Opportunity to work with geospatial tools and libraries.
- A modern working environment with nice people.
- Flexible time management.
- Good coffee, fruits and vegetables.
- Education budget for books and conferences.
- The opportunity to flourish and show the world what you can do!