Junior Software Developer (Data Engineering) (f/m/d) // Axel Springer hy
hy‘s mission is to fully understand the transformational power of the global tech and digital ecosystem and to utilize it to the benefit of our clients: entrepreneurs, corporations and government institutions. We are a professional services firm and we tackle the challenges of the digital transformation for our clients. Our diverse team of entrepreneurs, analysts, venture developers and digital experts meets our clients at eye level and engages with them as peers.
We are based in Berlin and we are a portfolio company of Axel Springer SE, Europe’s leading digital media company and transformational pioneer. Egon Zehnder and Klöckner are strategic partners of hy, offering their global network and expertise as part of hy‘s customized services and solutions. Our CEO, best-selling author Christoph Keese (\”Silicon Valley\”, \”Silicon Germany\”, \”Disrupt Yourself\”), is one of the most acknowledged experts when it comes to digital transformation and disruptive business strategies.
At hy Technologies, we create new software products for our customers and tools to support our analysts and consultants. Our products are based on a modern web-based technology stack and incorporate state-of-the-art data processing and machine learning components.
We love working with open-source software like Python, Flask, FastAPI, Pandas, scikit-learn, spaCy, CouchDB, ElasticSearch, Vue.js, Docker and Linux. We follow an agile and user-centered product development approach.
You will be actively involved in the design, implementation and deployment of solutions and collaborate with the product team as well as with our analysts and consultants to understand business requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You\’ll implement new backend features in Python, extend our APIs and design, implement and run distributed data analysis, as well as data extraction tasks
- You\’ll deploy software and help us to further automate our deployment processes
- You\’ll use your knowledge to help our consultants and analysts to conduct data analyses
- You\’ll setup and design processes for data collection and annotation tasks
- You are eager to learn more and to extend your knowledge about data science, machine learning and natural language processing
- Bachelor\’s degree, ideally in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields. However, we also consider candidates with other educational backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and experiences with the Python data stack (Pandas, Numpy)
- Experience with Linux, Git and deployment processes
- Experience in web development, API design and implementation and databases (relational or document-oriented)
- Fundamental understanding of natural language processing, machine learning or data infrastructure (e.g. ETL) is a plus
- First experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) is a plus
- Pronounced analytical problem solving skills
- Open-minded, flexible and a good team player
- A passion for digital products, emerging technologies, and startups
- Professional proficiency in English
At hy Technologies, we offer a competitive salary, an encouraging atmosphere, and a great, highly motivated team. We’re deeply convinced that being fully dedicated to your job should be no contradiction to a fulfilling family and social life. We believe in providing our team with a supportive atmosphere, complemented with meaningful extras.