Lead Android Engineer // Climate Labs
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone – and then scale it up!
We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. In 2020 we will launch our solution of empowering millions to act as one united force for the planet.
Climate change is the biggest challenge humanity has ever faced. Join the fight and put your talent to work for good! We are right now looking for an experienced developer to lead our effort on the Android platform. With multiple best-in-class iOS products on the team record, we’re looking for top talent to match this high standard on Android and push things even further together. The ability to work fully self-sufficient in a rapidly changing environment is equally core to the position as adjusting roles through the company’s cycle, from 1st Android coder through building and scaling a mobile dev team.
What we offer
- Ownership of a product with social impact and global reach.
- Competitive salary and early employee benefits.
- State of the art work station… you tell us what you need!
- Free BVG ticket, Urban Sports Club membership, and compensation of your personal CO2 emissions.
- Beautiful office in Berlin Kreuzberg, unlimited fresh fruits, delicious coffee and a canteen with daily veggie options.
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team.
- These are the early days — your input will make a real difference!
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced Android engineer with a demonstrable track record of shipping high-quality applications.
- You have excellent knowledge of Kotlin or Java and a good understanding of design patterns and software architectures.
- You know how to handle Media Sessions/Controller. Experience with handling multiple video players simultaneously is a plus.
- You are passionate about pushing the envelope on great UX, and understand the role of tech in a holistic framework.
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments. When you don’t fully understand something, you take it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You believe in clear and honest communication as the basis for effective and joyful teamwork. You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity.
What you’ll do
- You will be coding and lead Android development as we scale.
- You will design and set the standard for our Android ecosystem tech stack.
- You will work directly with the CTO, bringing your expert knowledge and well-founded opinions to the table in all platform-related design decisions.
- You will work closely with your iOS counterparts to assure cross-platform excellence.
What our tech stack looks like
- Our iOS efforts are powered by Swift with MVVM Pattern
- The backend runs on a Spring Boot Stack (mainly Kotlin)
- Our Web stack utilizes Vue.js and Angular
- Furthermore, we work with Git, Fastlane, TravisCI, Kanban, AWS, Docker, and everything that helps us get the job done.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
Please send us your CV and a brief motivation letter, including your availability and links you consider relevant for us (Github profile, former apps, blog posts, etc. ) to Andreas: [email protected]