Lead Developer Backend (m/f/d)
Fernarzt (www.fernarzt.com) is a telemedicine platform that connects patients to physicians and coordinates the purchase of medications prescribed. Thereby, Fernarzt enables patients to receive fast, safe, and competent medical care for common diseases. Based in London and with offices in Berlin, the mission of the company is to provide a digital service to reduce times and facilitate access to healthcare. Fernarzt was founded in 2017 together with the Digital Health platform Heartbeat Labs.
Join us as Lead Dev Backend (m/f/d) and help us to advance telemedicine in Germany!
- Development of Fernarzt’s web applications in e-Commerce and Telemedicine areas
- Participate in design, planning, and the development of new web applications and services using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks in a service-oriented platform
- Development of internal services and corresponding APIs (merchant services, doctor platform, scheduling systems, etc.) and integration with external APIs (Payment Gateways, Marketing Services)
- Continuous improvement of the Fernarzt technical solutions in adherence to industry best practices and business needs
- Being a mentor and coach for other engineering team members
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Developer, ideally in a Start-up environment
- You show strong leadership skills and some experience as an engineering manager or a team leader
- You are eager to share your deep knowledge of software design and architecture, design patterns, SOLID, and clean code principles
- You have great skills in Software Engineering and you follow current best practices
- You are an experienced PHP developer
- Experience working with other languages (eg. Golang, Scala, Kotlin, Java) is a plus
- You know how to work with Docker and what Kubernetes is
- Experience of working with Cloud Platforms like AWS, Google, DigitalOcean
- You are pragmatic, enjoy taking responsibility and you always set high-quality standards for yourself
- TDD, DDD, CQS, CQRS, ES, and SOLID do not seem to be meaningless combinations of letters to you
- You are a confident Linux user
- Excellent communication skills (business fluent in German and English.
- Team player, seeking to work with distinctive entrepreneurial individuals.
- You are detail-oriented and decide based on data & insights.
- You execute with ownership, determination, and free of politics and you have a hands-on mentality.
THAT’S WHY FERNARZT FITS YOU:
- Innovation and Healthcare are your passion? Ours as well! As a digital health player, we provide you the platform to contribute with your talent, come up with new ideas and shape our vision
- Join a start-up with a strong PE investor that is entering its next scaling phase with many opportunities to influence where the business is heading
- In a dynamic start-up environment, you get a lot of insights into different areas, sometimes start from scratch, and can get really hands-on.
- Teamwork is key! We want to achieve goals together. This also includes the necessary freedom so you can freely develop – professionally and personally.