Mobile Engineer // Fy
Fy! is building a mobile marketplace of the coolest products from the world’s best emerging brands, designers and artists with a rapidly growing worldwide customer base.
We help people discover and shop products they’ve never seen before whilst helping our suppliers grow their revenue and build their brands.
We are funded and backed by some of the savviest investors in Europe including Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the ex-leadership of ASOS, Streetcar and LoveFilm. We are a small but passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs, technologists and marketing experts working together to build something huge.
This is a full-time role, located in Berlin, Germany.
Remote work is currently not available for this position, we’re sorry!
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for the Fy! native mobile experience to craft, own and develop as you see fit. As you can imagine, within the context of a small tech team, this is a large responsibility. However, this is also a huge opportunity to really own the development of this vital part of our customer facing experience, and take pride in seeing it grow.
You will have the support of, and work collaboratively with, backend, frontend and data engineers to iterate on existing features and craft entirely new ones. Consequently, a familiarity with expressing requirements in terms of APIs and focussed specifications is an important skill to bring to the table. Sympathy for the unique challenges of delivering a rich experience within the restrictions of limited hardware and network resources is also vital.
- Ideally at least two years of production experience deploying iOS / Android applications in the wild, or similar
- Our current app uses React Native, so a familiarity of that technology would be beneficial
- Enjoys making code that is testable and as complex as it needs to be
- Takes delight in making joyful and beautiful user interfaces
- Self motivated and organised
- Curious and open minded about technology
Ways to make us go wow!
We love and use Clojure across the stack, so if you’re into functional programming or lisps, we’ll be off to a flying start. It is absolutely not a requirement though, so please do not be put off if this is not part of your toolset right now.
- Fluent in multiple languages (especially JS beyond React-isms)
- Have used tools such as codepush, fastlane, CI/CD (we use CircleCI)
- Familiar with GitHub workflow
- Got a cool personal project? We’d love to see it!
- Wireframing and product design, familiarity with the UX process
- Ability to describe technical challenges of certain patterns, and suggest compromises
- Sensitivity to operational and business analytics, and how to measure success of your work
- Sensitive to Localisation and Internationalisation requirements
- Already worked in E-Commerce and familiar with the usual tropes (funnels, products, CVRs..)
What we offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Our tech team is composed of experienced generalists and domain experts, and as such we are taking on complex, cross-cutting problems of the sort that normally require larger teams. We want you to be part of that, and to be excited by this opportunity.
- Your choice of hardware, screens etc.
- Conference and learning budget, support for giving talks and presentations.
- Open sourcing core libraries.
- Free (and plentiful) Five Elephant coffee.
- Family-friendly office hours and working culture.
- Established business with a clear pathway and resources to grow.
- Generous staff discount – fill your home with awesome designer gear!
- Absolute bare minimum of meetings. Prepare for a clear calendar.
- Want to work in a specific way? We’re flexible and want you to be comfortable, happy and productive as part of the team.