Node.js Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) – Berlin // Spotcap
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will:
- Use modern technology stacks and methods to create user-friendly frontend applications or APIs that help our clients and partners meet their daily needs.
- Apply your knowledge of the benefits of encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, immutability, asynchronous structures, and code organisation to deliver high quality, robust, and maintainable code.
- Conduct code-reviews, testing and taking features to production
- Actively participate in planning, creating, and running our suite of products and services.
- Keeping tabs on industry trends, help shape best practices and help Spotcap innovate.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies – meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- An engineering environment where learning and applying new methods and technologies is encouraged.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Become well acquainted with Node.js, SailsJs and ECMA Script 6 with several years’ of experience. Strong JQuery knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems and MySQL databases: this tech-stack should be your bread and butter.
- An insatiable drive to learn new programming languages and frameworks and experiment with new technology.
- A deep appreciation for high quality code.
- Become experienced with the full web technology stack and in writing out boilerplate code by minimally depending on libraries.
- A curious mind, likes to get things done, and is an extremely strong problem solver.