Node.js Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) // Spotcap
Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We have enjoyed strong growth and remarkable success in a relatively short time and are driven by the mission to empower small and medium-sized businesses with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with offices in Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap – our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in revolutionising the finance industry.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will:
- Use modern technology stacks and methods to create user-friendly frontend applications or APIs that help our clients and partners meet their daily needs.
- Apply your knowledge of the benefits of encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, immutability, asynchronous structures, and code organization to deliver high quality, robust, and maintainable code.
- Conduct code-reviews, testing and taking features to production
- Actively participate in planning, creating, and running our suite of products and services.
- Keeping tabs on industry trends, help shape best practices and help Spotcap innovate.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies – meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- An engineering environment where learning and applying new methods and technologies is encouraged.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Become well acquainted with Node.js, SailsJs and ECMA Script 6 with several years’ of experience. Strong JQuery knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems and MySQL databases: this tech-stack should be your bread and butter.
- An insatiable drive to learn new programming languages and frameworks and experiment with new technology.
- A deep appreciation for high quality code.
- Become experienced with the full web technology stack and in writing out boilerplate code by minimally depending on libraries.
- A curious mind, likes to get things done, and is an extremely strong problem solver.