People Lead Engineering (m/f/d) // Productsup
Ever wondered how companies manage to juggle their products across multiple platforms like Amazon, Google and Facebook? That’s where Productsup comes to the rescue. Our role in the digital economy is to power the delivery of product content from the world’s biggest brands, manufacturers and retailers to wherever it needs to go.
Productsup’s 100+ FeedFighters are based across 10+ offices around the world, spanning from our Berlin headquarters to Sydney with stopovers in London, Mexico City, Detroit and Singapore. No matter how widespread our hubs are, we are united by an inclusive and unique company culture which is key to our success.
This is your chance to join a team with a big vision at the center of a changing world in commerce. Apply today!
We’re looking for a People Lead Engineering (m/f/d) to manage our Backend Feature Team of 5 developers. You’ll lead the effort to extend our data processing pipeline, which processes over 5 billion products a day.
In this role, you will spend about 50% of your time managing and 50% coding:
- Lead the growing 5-person Backend Feature Team, coaching, developing and growing the key skills of each team member
- Prioritize tasks and provide guidance in order to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Hire and onboard top tech talents who actively contribute to Productsup’s product and culture
- Work with our VP Engineering, product management team and other backend team leads to implement new features
- Spread knowledge across our teams and consistently bring in new ideas
- Develop scalable software components for the processing pipeline
- Integrate and work with 3rd party APIs
- Design architectures for HTTP APIs and services
- Write unit and functional tests to ensure the quality of our software
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of demonstrated tech leadership experience
- 5+ years’ experience in PHP (good knowledge of Slim, Silex or Symfony frameworks) and MySQL
- Deep knowledge in APIs, web services, command line programs, TDD and SOLID design principles
- Good understanding of B2B SaaS products and experience dealing with big data
- Extended database experience in Elastic Search, MongoDB or Couchbase
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Educational background in business informatics or computer science is a plus
What we offer you
- Permanent position with an attractive salary
- Many professional growth opportunities, for example Head of Backend Development
- Awesome workplace in the heart of Berlin at Alexanderplatz
- Healthy working environment including fresh fruit, drinks and Urban Sports discount
- Relocation & bureaucracy assistance
- Ongoing internal and external trainings
- Home office options & flexible working hours
- A highly motivated, international and dynamic team
- Two big company events + two individual team events annually
- High level of personal responsibility and impact
Sounds like the right job for you? We’re looking forward to receive your online application including your CV, code samples, salary expectations, and earliest possible starting date.