Python Developer // SoftIron
At SoftIron, we are committed to building the world’s best Ceph appliance – HyperDrive. We designed HyperDrive from the ground up, to just do one thing, run Ceph. With unique ARM64 architecture, a custom Linux based OS and years of engineering, we’re helping service providers, research institutions and data hoarders across the globe migrate their legacy storage to Ceph and HyperDrive. SoftIron is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with offices in London, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Brno, Czech Republic.
SoftIron is looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users to join us in our new offices in Berlin. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. We’ll expect you to be smart, collaborative, curious, and hardworking!
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions which may include databases, key-value stores etc.
Skills And Qualifications
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application]
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
SoftIron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by
SoftIron does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SoftIron and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.