Python Developer Web + Data Contract // Motionlogic
Do you want to put your career on the fast lane? To learn about the Big Data technologies used by the most successful technology companies in the world? To gain experience in Data Engineering? Then read on.
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signaling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement streams. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events per day and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are a very international company with people from (currently) 15 different countries. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we currently offer our services in multiple European countries.
We are looking for a Python software developer who wants to step up his/her game and gain real world experience by further developing REST API and WebUI to control a big data pipeline. Additionally, the candidate would have the chance to take tasks in the Data Processing Pipeline as well.
The individual should have some experience in Python technologies or some side projects in Github that show willingness to experiment and learn.
The contract will be of limited time and fulltime with a warranted duration between 12 and 18 months, which will be agreed in advance, with an immediate start if possible.
If it starts sounding interesting here are a few more details on what you will work if you join our team:
- Be core member of the Development Team and work on real problems from day one.
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Python3, Flask, PostgreSQL, Apache Spark, Tableau.
- Participate in the automation of the report processing, quality checking and delivery.
- Engineer ergonomic UIs and scalable, performant algorithms.
- Write simple, maintainable and testable Python code.
- Build a close cooperation with Operations and Business Teams.
What we expect from you:
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions.
- Openness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Solid programming skills in Python.
- Good English communication skills.
- Understanding the big picture and how hardware, software, networking infrastructure and algorithms affect each other.
What is a plus:
- Experience in Python scientific libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn).
- Experience in data processing and visualization frameworks like Hadoop, Apache Spark and Tableau.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
Among the perks we offer you will get:
- Challenging tasks including data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Opportunity to work with geospatial tools and libraries.
- Personal time to experiment with new technologies.
- A modern working environment with nice people.
- Flexible time management with core working hours.
- Good coffee, fruits and vegetables.
- Education budget for books and conferences.
- The opportunity to flourish and show the world what you can do!