Python Software Engineer // Brighter AI Technologies GmbH
Brighter AI Technology is a Berlin-based startup founded in 2017. At Brighter AI, we are working to protect individuals through technological progress. With our innovative anonymization approach using deep neural networks, we are already on the way to solve the ‘data privacy vs. analytics dilemma’ for more than 1.1bn public cameras. NVIDIA recognized Brighter AI by naming us ‘Europe’s AI Hottest Startup’ in 2018.
Our Deep Natural Anonymization technology utilizes state-of-the-art AI, embedded in a high performance stream processing pipeline to generate artificial faces and license plates indistinguishable from real ones. An anonymization of this kind not only allows for compliant data handling, but also enables businesses to use the data without constraints to extract customer insights and build new models.
As part of the team, your role will be vital to the success of the startup, mainly through working alongside a diverse team of engineers, developers, and researchers in:
- Designing and developing software solutions based on our deep learning models
- Continuously collaborating with people on the business side and deep-learning researchers while iteratively delivering solutions
- Working in a rapid prototyping area where the ability to pivot is a must.
In order for you to be successful in this role, you should have:
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python
- Strong core knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in implementing distributed solutions
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with tools and processes critical to scalable software development (JIRA, Git, etc.) and modern software design principles
- Fluency in English.
It would be nice if you have:
- C++ experience
- Web services knowledge
- Experience integrating machine learning models into software systems
- Startup experience
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers in best practices.
What we’ll offer you:
- Membership in a dedicated team with a friendly and open mindset (basically, we are just really nice people)
- An attractive work environment in one of the most exciting and innovative cities
- Competitive salary
- High responsibility and direct impact on the company’s success
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Fixed training budget
- Free breakfast, fruits, drinks
- Friday beers
- Team activities like barbecues, game nights, monthly team lunch, and much more
- Health & public transportation benefits.
Our team is an amazing mix of cultures, degrees, hobbies and interests. We are passionate about data, privacy, artificial intelligence and engineering. If you were nodding your head while reading this posting and you want to develop the future of public cameras with privacy, then this is your place! Let’s have a conversation today about how you would fit in our team!