QA Automation Engineer // Cara Care
Cara Care aims to support every person in the world with a gastrointestinal disease with the first therapeutic digital companion for digestive care. Their platform combines the power of UX, UI, Data Science, Marketing, Tech, Medicine, Business, and Psychology to shape the user experience and provide the first evidence-based, digital therapy for digestive health. To date, Cara Care has helped more than 500,000 people across Germany and the United States manage digestive diseases with over a 78% success rate.
How it works:
By downloading the Cara Care app, individuals can customize their experience by keeping a digital food and symptom log to track personal data. It will then analyze the data and show correlations to make improvements in your everyday diet. If you chose to purchase the premium upgrade, you will gain access to personalized nutrition therapy. Cara Care has over 10 certified dieticians and 8 patient managers that are paired up with users to provide medication education on their specific profile. They are available to chat online whenever necessary and give mental health interventions with hypnotherapy and gut-directed relax sessions. The digital platform allows users to get effective and personalized treatment outside of the doctor’s office.
GI diseases are highly influenced by factors like diet, stress, physical activity, and mental health. Cara Care can help identify a person’s triggers for symptoms and flare ups, and then tailor the professional treatment to reduce those symptoms and enhance their quality of life. By monitoring your digestive health, you can improve your overall well-being and feel better by making smarter choices for your body.
According to the Massachusetts Medical Society, gastrointestinal diseases cost $136 billion annually in healthcare expenditures, more than heart disease and trauma in annual costs. Tens of millions of individuals deal with gut issues, and there is a huge gap between those who seek GI help and those who suffer. Digital therapeutics is a part of the next wave in healthcare, and mobile software can have a significant therapeutic effect on patients. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, point-of-care tools such as applications on smartphones has been shown to support better clinical decision-making and improved patient outcomes. Offering a mobile product gives users a more convenient and comfortable way of tackling their health issues.
- We are looking for an experienced automation testing engineer (m/w/x) to support us in our mission with immediate effect. This person will be responsible for the creation of a testing automation platform for our product.
- Our team is following the agile methodologies ; delivering in a fast paced environment. We therefore require an excellent automation testing setup to streamline our processes.
- As you would be the first quality engineer joining our team, you would have the freedom to define the testing strategy and choose your own tools. In turn, you would be defining Cara Care as the most reliable product for our patients.
- We are building the ReactNative app deployed to iOS and Android. We are running our builds on GitHub Actions CI.
What it is like to work with us
We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers and software engineers who are all passionate about what we are building and how it can help people. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
To learn a bit more about our motivation, our team and company, you can visit our career page: https://cara.care/careers
- Support the establishment of the testing processes and test plans
- Define test cases and test suites for all new features
- Create new automation tests and test suites for black box end-to-end testing of our product
- Do manual and regression testing if necessary
- You have experience with the testing of mobile apps on the iOS platform
- You have experience with creating and maintaining test case suites
- You’ve created automated tests for mobile apps
- You have experience with UI automation
- You can communicate and write documentation in English. German is a plus
- You have worked with cloud CI solutions, e.g. one of the following: GitHub Actions, Azure CI, Circle CI, Travis
- The following expertise would be a great plus:
- Experience with the webdriver.io tool
- 1+ year of experience with Appium
- Experience with testing of mobile apps on the Android platform
- Experience with API testing, such as, Postman
- You have worked in security testing
- Experience with the TestRail
In return we will ensure you have:
- Meaningful work – empower people to improve their lives
- A vibrant team and a friendly working atmosphere
- Ability to significantly influence the direction of our startup
- Competitive salary with regularly salary reviews
- 26 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- The best equipment and setup to be productive
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or from time to time remote
- Team events, weekly breakfasts and team drinks
- A well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin with plenty of snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
1) Application Review
We will review your application as quickly as possible and reply to you with the next steps. If we have not selected your CV/LinkedIn profile, please do not let that put you off applying again. We get many applications and sometimes it is just not the right match. We try our best, but often cannot provide you with individual feedback if we get a lot of applications.
2) Introductory Call with HR
If we move on to the next stage, we will arrange a brief intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. We are also open to answer your questions about Cara Care. (Tip: It is best to make calls in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free.)
3) Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
If you wish to proceed in the hiring process with us, we will schedule an interview call with the hiring manager to discuss your previous work experience and your career aspirations. We may sometimes also send you a case study to complement the skill assessment.
4) On-Site Interviews with Our Team & Offer
Following an interactive interview, you will meet the team in person. If we both think that it is a good fit, we will make you an offer. We value your time and try to make the process as fast as possible and will always provide you with feedback from all of our interview stages.
At Cara Care we care about equal opportunities
Diversity is important to us. We need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That’s why we’re committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your application!