QA Automation Engineer (m/f/x) // HelloFresh
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat – forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we’ve been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Be part of our autonomous, cross-functional, and agile tech team
- Work in close collaboration with our developers to understand new features and develop tests according to them
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on our current setup
- Take ownership of web and API test automation in your team
- Participate in expanding the existing automation solution
- Be an expert in the field of QA automation and feel comfortable with training other team members
Who we’re looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience in delivering automated test cases, testing frameworks, tools, and services using OOP languages (Java preferred)
- You have at least one year experience with modern scripting languages
- You have experience in delivering automatic tests and testing solutions for rich UI (Selenium WebDriver)
- You have experience in creating the tools and tests for API testing
- You have experience creating and maintaining test jobs to be used for continuous integration (Ex.: Jenkins, Concourse)
- You have a strong understanding of testing methodologies and quality as part of the delivery lifecycle
- You possess strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- You understand the concepts of virtualization, microservices architecture, cloud and SaaS
- You use your critical judgment in the workplace
- You earned a university degree in informatics, computer science or related areas, or possesses an equivalent experience
- You have very good English written and verbal communication skills
- You have a great team spirit
- Advantage: You have experience creating mobile automation solutions
Interacting with front-ends, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the platforms and environments we support.
What we offer
- You take responsibility from Day 1
- You work in a dynamic environment
- We offer an agile work environment, latest technology and ample opportunities to implement your own ideas
- We work from a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive salary for the startup job market
- Autonomy and support to implement processes and strategies as you find convenient
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations.