🖖 Who We Are
Prospr is helping frontline employees (think baristas, gym trainers, hair stylists, nurses, and waiters) keep in touch, manage their schedules, track workplace issues, and stay on top of training all while becoming more connected members of their teams. We’re Slack, Trello, JIRA, Google Drive, Confluence and more for people who don’t work behind a desk.
We’ve just closed a $3.2M Series Seed led by Bonfire Ventures, Quiet Capital and Animo and are already trusted by well-known international brands including Dunkin Donuts, 1-800-GOT-JUNK and New York Sports Clubs (NYSC)
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to empower frontline workers worldwide.
🤖 The Tech
Node.js, React, React Native, Firebase, Socket.io, Redis, MySQL, AWS
We’ll look to integrate new tech when it demonstrably improves developer or end-user experience, velocity, stability and/or security.
😬 What Awaits
We’ve gotten impressively far on a dream and a badass MVP. Now we need you to help us turn this into robust, well-designed, stable and scalable enterprise-grade software. You’ll use your passion for beautiful, efficient, and idiomatic code, your curiosity and your tendency toward obsessiveness to produce a product that you’re proud of. When you’re not doing QA, you’ll be sharing your hobbies, interests and knowledge with the rest of us – contributing to an environment that’s always buzzing with intellectual curiosity and excitement.
You will be more than just another QA – you’ll be a founding employee. You’ll play a defining part in shaping the culture and future of Prospr. This is a rare opportunity to build the company you want to work for from the ground up. We’re expanding from a couple of founders, to a full-fledged tech team by the end of 2021. If you want a truly fast-paced startup experience, where every person plays a critical role, this adventure is for you.
👩💻 The Role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests, aid product management in acceptance testing, and to generally help ensure Prospr is the best it can be.
Our ideal candidate is obsessive about quality, has eagle eyes, and appreciates the details. They will be responsible for conducting tests before feature launches to ensure we’ve met and exceeded expectations. If you hold an engineering, or related background and enjoy playing devil’s advocate, we’d love to meet you.
Working With Us
- You’ll review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- You’ll create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- You will estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- You’ll design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- You will identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- You’ll perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- You will liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- You will track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- You’ll stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
🙌 Why Work With Us
- The best tools: MacBook Pro, 34” UltraWide Monitor, Beats Headphones
- Learning Budget: EUR 3.000 / year
- Urban Sports Club Membership
- Monthly BVG Ticket
- Annual Team Retreat
- Competitive Salary: €55k – €65k
- Equity Participation: 0.25% – 0.5%
- Flexible Work Policy
How To Apply
If you feel like you might enjoy joining this adventure, and you feel confident that you’d be a strong contributor, we want nothing more than to hear from you. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of one or more marginalized groups, for example if you are a person of color, neurodiverse, a wom*n, non-binary or otherwise gender non-conforming, and/or a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
🥳 🥳 No Take-Home Coding Tasks ! 👨💻 🤢
Please send us your CV, and optionally anything else that tells us more about you and your skills, such as a link to a code repository or your personal website. Don’t worry about writing a cover letter – we think your work and experience speak for themselves.