Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Developer – remote (m/f/d)
At foodcircle, we have a simple yet ambitious mission—to improve the food supply chain as it stands today. Our platform is a digital wholesale solution that facilitates and accelerates trade between suppliers and buyers of organic foods. We’re committed to creating a transparent and efficient online purchasing experience for food manufacturers across Europe.
Come join our growing dev team and help us build the largest European platform to trade food ingredients. We offer you the chance to join us in our Berlin office or to join us remotely as long as there is no time zone difference.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of business requirements into our platform
- 3+ years work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Proven work experience in software development
- Experience developing complex web applications
- Experience using Ruby testing libraries like MiniTest or RSpec
- Extensive Git knowledge
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field
- Fluent in English
- Experience with e-commerce technologies (optional)
- Experience with the Boostrap front-end framework (optional)
- Experience in complex B2B back-end and infrastructures (optional)
What we offer:
- Be part of an international team that is passionate about food and its implications in our lives. We want to change the industry for the better and we are looking for a committed individual that wants to be part of this change.
- Join our efforts to build an innovative food tech startup, within a huge, strongly growing market that is waiting to be disrupted.
- Flexible working hours and attractive budget for professional development.
- Close work with the founding team in a very exciting position in a new, ambitious startup, supported by tier-1 European investors.
- A great office in Mitte, Berlin with free coffee, fruits and regular team lunches.
- A competitive salary
- Possibility to work remotely
Does this sound like an interesting challenge to you? Then we look forward to receiving your CV via our job portal: https://smrtr.io/44Hct