Scala IoT Developer (m/f/d)
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark – the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. We are a diverse group of Scala nerds looking for a new colleague. We automate everything, test everything, take every opportunity to give and receive feedback and pick technologies that we believe fit the problem at hand. Once a week we meet up and solve FP problems in Scala for fun.
Our platform is based around several RESTful microservices written in Scala with Akka. We use various databases such as Postgres, Cassandra and Elasticsearch. Since we shuffle a lot of data, most services also do stream processing over Kafka.
- Design, develop and maintain microservices and their unit, integration and system tests
- Take part in architectural and code reviews
- Evaluate new technologies, ideas and approaches
- Design APIs and protocols
- Help developers in other teams to use our platform
- You know Scala
- You can reason about distributed systems
- You can design a handy RESTful API and document it in Swagger
- You know your way around SQL and NoSQL databases
- You are not afraid of Docker, Jenkins and AWS
- It’s a plus if you’re familiar with some data processing framework (such as Spark or Flink)
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, 3D printer and free fruit and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Free German courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced level (Working language is English)
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sound interesting? Please follow the link to apply for this position: