Senior Android Engineer (f,m,d)
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone – and then scale it up!
We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. In 2020 we will launch our solution of empowering millions to act as one united force for the planet.
We are right now looking for an experienced developer to lead our effort on the Android platform. With multiple best-in-class iOS products on the team record, we’re looking for top talent to match this high standard on Android and push things even further together. The ability to work fully self-sufficient in a rapidly changing environment is equally core to the position as adjusting roles through the company’s life cycle.
What we offer
- Ownership of a product with real social impact and global reach.
- High degree of autonomy.
- Quality-driven environment.
- Top-of-the-line work station… you tell us what you need!
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Free gym membership, metro ticket, and compensation of your personal CO2 footprint.
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment.
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team.
- These are the early days — your input will make a real difference!
Once here, you will
- help build our first Android version and take ownership of Android development as we scale.
- collaborate on architecture design and shape our Android ecosystem tech stack.
- work directly with the CTO, bringing your expert knowledge and well-founded opinions to the table in all platform-related design decisions.
- cooperate closely with your iOS counterparts to assure cross-platform excellence.
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced Android engineer with a demonstrable track record of shipping high-quality applications.
- You have excellent knowledge of Kotlin and Java, and a good understanding of design patterns and software architectures.
- You know how to handle media playback. Experience with handling multiple video players simultaneously is a plus.
- You are passionate about pushing the envelope on great UX, and understand the role of tech in a holistic framework.
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments. When you don’t fully understand something, you take it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You believe in clear and honest communication as the basis for effective and joyful teamwork. You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity.
What our tech stack looks like
- A modern, multi-module Kotlin Gradle project
- Model-View-Intent pattern powered by coroutines
- The backend comprises of Dagger2, SQLDelight and Retrofit/OkHttp
- Furthermore, we work with Git, GitLab CI, Kanban, and everything that helps us get the job done.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!
A note on Covid-19 and WFH
We want you to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic! Therefore we are currently working from home and will provide all the office equipment you need to make your home office experience as productive and enjoyable as possible.
Once everything is back to normal we are looking forward to meeting you at our beautiful office in Berlin Mitte, featuring unlimited fresh fruits, delicious coffee, and a canteen with daily veggie options. Wanna make remote working a long term thing? We’re open to discussing that too.