Senior Android Engineer (d/f/m)
The Lottie Mission
We are looking for passionate people to join us on our mission to change the way children experience technology.
We believe in balance, where less is often more and learning is fun. We are creating a safe space for children to foster their imagination and for parents to naturally take part in the magical journey of their children exploring the (digital) world. We are designing a high quality interface and deliver valuable content experiences to help young children grow.
The Lottie Culture
At our company, we strip away policies and procedures and instead offer freedom, responsibility and trust. We value respectful, open communication, value opinions based on data, and base all our actions on what is best for our customers – young children and their parents.
We are thirsty learners, we seek to stay on top of best practices and constantly adapt our approach. One of the things we are working on mastering is how to best be a hybrid remote team. While our office in Berlin Mitte is welcoming to all who want, we also try to do our best in mastering asynchronous communication for our team members in different countries and those of us who prefer focus time and flexible schedules.
We are a small team putting a large emphasis on building supportive environment and are looking for people who want to join us on our journey. Diversity of perspective is immensely important in the products we are working on. We seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes team members of all backgrounds.
We are looking for people to help build the mobile part of our SW platform. As one of the first members of our engineering team you will have a large impact on the initial design and setup of our app environment and tooling.
As an Engineering team working on a greenfield project, we have a pragmatic approach: while we start small and move fast we aim to make our architectural decisions and testing with future evolvability and scalability in mind. We research solutions to challenges in a result oriented manner and align with our colleagues on a way forward. We are a small but growing team who puts emphasis on supportive environment. We all make mistakes and learn from them and more importantly we celebrate our successes!
This Role is Perfect for You if You
- have solid experience in writing mobile applications on Android platform that you have hardened over several years in a production setting
- are proficient in Kotlin
- ideally you have experience with or interest in some of the following: game development, video streaming technologies, kiosk mode/dedicated devices, good knowledge on AOSP and/or modifications
- ideally have worked in a modern CI/CD workflow and agile environment
Who You Are
- passionate about crafting simple solutions to complex engineering problems and writing readable, maintainable, well tested code
- positive, proactive and can work independently, but also enjoy working in a cross-functional team
- a great communicator and take pride in good documentation
- have an eye for design and good (clean) architecture
- have ability to learn most technologies on-the-go
- have a growth mindset and feel comfortable in the ambiguous, evolving and exciting environment of an early stage start-up
We are a small team working on a large scope – we are aware that the requirements above ask for a broad profile. For this role, we welcome different levels of seniority. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes, we would love to see your application!
This position is open for candidates located in timezones +/- 2 hours from Berlin and with openness to travel to Berlin office few times a year.