Senior AWS DevOps Engineer (m/ f / x)
Are you passionate about climate change and moving the world to a more sustainable future? Are you comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’re looking for independent, forward-thinking engineers to join our fast-growing tech team. At Plan A, you’ll be working with large, global companies to understand and reduce their carbon footprint. As a senior AWS DevOps Engineer, you will support our mission by establishing a culture of testing and shared ownership, using the latest and greatest services and technologies.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Drive technology, architecture, workﬂow and infrastructure design decisions
- Be proactive in updating and improving our AWS infrastructure
- Create and maintain disposable and reproducible infrastructure via IaC with Terraform/Terragrunt
- Maintain and improve our server landscape and the provisioning with Ansible
- Maintain and contribute to technical documentation
- Maintain and improve the code quality by doing regular pro-active code review
- Collaborate, support, and work hand-in-hand with the frontend, backend and data engineering team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members, primarily in the cloud domain
- Take an active role in hiring and hire your next team member
- Encourage an optimistic and pragmatic mindset among the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have experience deploying, monitoring, and operating infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- You have already built up and established an infrastructure on a greenfield site at least twice
- Automate processes within cloud operations, security configuration, account management, cost optimisations, etc.
- Tremendous experience working with numerous AWS services
- You have very good Linux knowledge and a deep understanding of the topic of security.
- You use Terraform and Terragrunt safely
- You are a team player and have the will to share your knowledge with your team and provide them with the infrastructure they need.
- Excellent written and verbal English
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT (OPTIONAL)
- AWS related certificates are nice, but not a must.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM PLAN A
- Contribution to a bigger purpose! Push the needle on climate action by contributing to the success of our carbon management and ESG software!
- We value collaboration over competition. You will become part of a collaborative and cross-functional environment, where we regularly share knowledge.
- We are always growing and so are you. Our formalised bi-annual performance and development sessions allow us to support you in hitting your professional development goals.
- Enjoy the perks of remote work but always feel free to join us in our office in the heart of Berlin.
BENEFITS FOR OUR EMPLOYEES
- Access to online learning platforms (e.g. Masterclass, Master Plan) and online magazines (e.g. FT and Sifted)
- Discounts and benefits via the Plan A Corporate Benefits Platform
- Employee Stock Options (VSOP)
- Mental health coaching
- Monthly team activities, company on- and offsite and weekly team drinks on a Friday evening
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexibility to work remotely, in-office, or a bit of both
- 28 vacation days per year, 30 days working-from-anywhere, plus annual educational leave and sabbatical leave
- At Plan A we live by our values, using them as a compass in all areas of our work and communication!
- We empower Progressing for the better by taking actions with peers and stakeholders.
- We collaborate Connecting the dots together and tackling our complex mission with courage.
- We are positive Embracing kindness and self-reflection with an optimistic attitude.
- We walk the talk Acting as role model by balancing people, planet & profit, sustainably.
- We are pioneers Leading the way with a science based approach to deliver solutions to the climate crisis.
Plan A believes that companies have the power to pave the way to a more sustainable future. We exist to help fast-acting businesses build a decarbonised and sustainable economy. We do this by providing a digital platform for companies to reduce their environmental impact, engage their employees and create ESG reporting. Plan A’s platform combines data processing power with a team of scientists to guide companies. We are based in Germany, France and the UK and were founded in 2017.
At Plan A, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity and encourages you to be you. We believe that businesses should represent the world we want to live in, so we encourage applications from people of different ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities and physical or neurodiversity. We value the contribution you bring, regardless of where it comes from, and look forward to your application!