Senior Backend Developer (f/m/x)
We’re looking for a seasoned and passionate Backend Engineer with proven experience in creating complex digital products in an agile environment.
You will join our Berlin based software engineering team and develop a modern, highly scalable cloud platform that connects objects and people in revolutionary service experiences.
We offer a space to cooperate with international customers, exciting industries, high data and security awareness and user centred solutions.
Ever really wanted to develop a global platform service? Here’s your chance.
- Passion for simple code which is functional and easy to understand and to maintain
- Focus on delivering quality centred around a great experience for the API user
- Experience with agile & distributed software development
- Strong self-organizer with a hands-on mentality
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- 2+ years in using Golang to build cloud platforms used in production
Stack & Systems:
- Strong experience with Postgres, Redis and message queues like RabbitMQ
- Strong experience in defining REST APIs and designing micro services
- Experience in building distributed low-latency systems exposing an API
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Production experience with popular cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Methodologies and tools:
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Jira, Confluence, Git
- Test-driven development
- An open-source track record on Github
- Team leading skills
- Core knowledge in JAVA
- Experience in working in a Golang Monorepo
- Experience with oAuth 2.0
- Experience in working in an international, intercultural team
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with team chats (Slack or Mattermost) and video calls
In our lean setup, you’ll have a major impact on the technical direction of the platform itself. Your experience and voice matters as we are certainly aware that only as a team we can succeed.
Further you will:
- design the system architecture and ensure a highly scalable infrastructure
- build and maintain a micro-service based white-label cloud platform which integrates with other data-driven platforms
- envision and implement future-proof solutions for software but also hardware products
- continuously create, develop and deliver superior quality code on time
- lead and mentor other, more junior engineers by example
What do we offer
We are a small, dynamic and hands-on team with access to a gigantic network. Our mission is to connect everything under the sun – the essence of the Japanese meaning of banbutsu.
We unite people, objects and services under the mantra of value and context with software and hardware.
As a young company we are part of the well established iconmobile group and belong to the largest media holding WPP. We operate where the magic happens – right at the puls of connected service experiences, hyper-personalisation and synchronisation.
We work with great talent and specialists in the fields of automotive, IoT and technology and would like to learn more about your personality and skills.