Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) // LabTwin
LabTwin is the first voice-powered assistant for scientists. We apply machine learning and voice recognition technologies to streamline lab documentation. Our purpose is to make R&D better, faster and more efficient.
We are looking for an experienced backend or full stack engineer to build out our backend systems. You will work closely with designers and product managers to define, scope and implement backend solutions to further improve our product. You will be instrumental in owning parts of the architecture, implementation, and deployment of our backend services. Our current backend is built using Kotlin and Spring Boot 2, running on Kubernetes on AWS. All our cloud infrastructure is managed as code via Terraform. We continuously deploy changes to multiple environments every day.
- Delivering simplistic and pragmatic solutions to new product features in short sprint cycles
- Developing and maintaining cloud-native software across multiple environments
- Architecting robust backend systems that multiple clients depend on
- Collaborating closely with teams across disciplines (Data Science, Product, Design etc.)
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years experience with modern, production grade software design and implementation
- Extensive experience with building well-tested software solutions (Spring Boot 2, Kotlin/Java, Mockito/RestAssured)
- Extensive experience in setting up and maintaining cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Comfortable in continuously delivering changes to backend systems (CI & CD)
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written). German not required
- Experience bringing high-quality SaaS solutions to market
- A team with a great mission: Being part of our mission to help passionate and innovative scientists accelerate scientific discovery. A diverse team of experienced interdisciplinary colleagues including life scientists.
- Development: Our commitment to support your professional and personal development. Budget for seminars and conferences, internal training and onsite German courses. Science education, a small demo lab to enable everyone to understand our users better. Room for ownership, creativity and cross functional collaboration.
- Flexibility: Flexibility in work schedule, including home office. Meeting free Fridays to focus. 30 days of payed leave, as long as you promise to take them all. ;-)
- Competitive salary.
- We want you to feel great here: A gym around the corner, healthy snacks. Really good coffee. And you will work in one of the best spaces in central Berlin. A beautiful garden, roof terrace and grill for a nice evening. And an AC for very hot Berlin summer.
Awesome! We are excited to receive your application! Just send us your CV and your possible starting date. We will get back to you very soon.