Senior Backend Engineer // Fy
At Fy! we are passionate about using technology to help people discover things that they love. The Fy! app connects people to the most exciting art and homeware products from around the world, through an addictive and serendipitous shopping experience.
We are a data-driven business and are using machine-learnt recommendations to create a more relevant shopping experience. The kinds of technical challenges we are taking on range from real-time recommendation to innovative shopping experiences such as customisation and AR.
- Design, develop and test new features across our systems: eCom, search, recommendation, notifications, supplier platform and reporting
- Develop backend services using Clojure, Datomic and GraphQL
- Maintain and deploy services via AWS and Kubernetes
- Deliver load time and responsiveness improvements to our users
- Manage technical debt and make improvements to the existing codebase
- 3+ years of experience building production systems (Clojure or Clojurescript experience is big bonus)
- Deep experience in developing on either the JVM on in the browser
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced startup
- A passion for delivering benefits and solving pain-points for customers
- Experience with Datomic, React, React Native and GraphQL are all bonus points
- A dedication to good software development practices
- Good communication skills (in English)