Senior Backend Engineer
IPlytics is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who is able to jump in and contribute to its platform. If you’re a Java software engineer with a passion for software architecture, cutting-edge technologies, building performant / scalable systems, and solving challenging problems, this career opportunity is for you!
IPlytics is an innovative market intelligence company headed up by a team of economists, computer engineers and data scientists. We are a tech company in its core. We use data engineering, data science and machine learning to change the way companies are interacting with business-critical data.
As a backend engineer, you work hand in hand with frontend & product to design solutions that supports our platform product. You understand, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development and/or improve the quality of service. You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own. You influence your team by acting as a “force multiplier”.
What You Will Do:
- Work as a member of a product team which builds features that impact the bottom line for IPlytics.
- Contribute to our Java / Spring Boot backend application by designing and implementing the best solutions to consume and expose the data exposed by the Data-Engineering team.
- Implement design patterns to make our code highly scalable and performant.
- Write unit and functional testing efforts to certify your work is good. Always thinking forward of what components can fail, and how to enhance our testing practices.
- Flexibility to learn and grow your knowledge in new frameworks, tools ( ex: spark etc..).
- Continuously work to improve self and team through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Initiate and facilitate necessary cross-organization communication to complete work.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent.
- Proficient with Java (Java 8 or above).
- Great understanding of Spring-Boot. Deep knowledge in the details of the spring container and its configuration.
- Proficient Experience with JPA, SQL & no-SQL databases.
- Ability to structure your code using different spring components (you’re able to keep them nicely decoupled).
- Adherence to the use of Design Patterns, knowing when and when not to use them.
- Experience working with Lucene based text search engines (Solr / Elastic Search) is a big plus.
- GraphQL design experience is a plus.
- Experience working with TDD.
- Experience working with Git, Docker, DevOps tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins or Gitlab.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to both effectively engage and inspire one’s team members.
- Critical thinker. You’re willing to purpose continuous improvements to the existing applications. Receiving constructive feedback is always appreciated by other members of the team.
What We Offer:
- Open door culture, we progress and learn together and from each other
- No Top-Down-Only approaches, we value your thoughts and ideas and improve by everyone’s input
- Urban Sports Membership options
- A steep learning curve and cross-departmental insight
- A modern workspace within an international tech community office
Interested? Awesome, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
*At IPlytics we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in our value driven and open minded mindset that promotes a fair and inclusive culture.