Senior Backend Engineer
## Senior Backend Engineer
Radiosphere is a full-stack audio streaming application. We help to seize the growth potential of the global digital audio market. As a corporate startup of renowned Berlin radio broadcaster FluxFM, we are allowed to develop along with tech-savvy listeners from one of Europe’s innovation hubs.
Our goal is to provide a next-generation radio experience by building on top of the technical progress of modern audio tech. Radiosphere connects radio stations, listeners and the advertising industry to create the radio of the future.
Do you love technology, coding, and music? You want to be part of a proficient team and participate in shaping the future of modern radio? We are in the very midst of the growing audio market and are currently building a cloud platform for music curation. Our offices are located right by the Spree close to the Oberbaumbrücke where our live venue FluxBau and our radio station are based.
## Our Plan
We are developing solutions for real-time audio/video streaming demands. This helps radio stations world-wide to switch to a digital business model.
Based on a modern cloud-native core, we are driving the innovation of the audio stream market and enable new ways for personalized media streams.
- Design and develop new services in the domains of playlist generation, audio processing, ads, media content management and the integration of existing playout systems.
- Write and execute test cases and monitor the performance of our services.
- Deployment of code in our CI/CD environment.
- Improve yourself, and help us to improve!
## Our Backend Stack
- Modern Java, C++, Python, WASM
- Micronaut, Vertx, Spring
- Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Ansible, ELK
- Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, NATS, ElasticSearch, Geode, Spark
## Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in working on backend code by using languages like Java, Python, C++
- Good database knowledge (Strong SQL skills), with desirable experience with Cassandra
- Experience with cloud-native services working on Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in ad-tech is a huge positive
- Proximity towards audio streaming/processing is helpful but not a must
## What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Startup culture
- Talented cross-domain Team with most enjoyable colleagues
- Regular summer evening events right next to Spree river at our venue FluxBau
- Guestlist spots for concerts
- Free gym membership
- Do your boat license at our FluxAhoi boat school
Interested? Send us your CV to email@example.com.