Backend Engineer – Search // Idagio
We are looking for a Backend Engineer with a strong background in search to join our marvelous Product Backend team: a group of people with a shared interest in scalability, modern workflows, sharp tools, and clear communication.
At IDAGIO we’re all about drive, open-mindedness and trust – we’re not afraid to take initiative or leave our comfort zone, and enjoy counting on each other’s support to do so.
Come build the best classical music search experience in the world with us.
- Help us build the best search experience for classical music, tackling problems like multilingual search, popularity, and personalization.
- As a part of the Product Backend team, gain a broad understanding of IDAGIO’s architecture, from subscription processing to recommendations.
- Add your touch at any point in our processes: we’re a small, flexible team, and always open to new ideas.
EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALITY TRAITS WE FIND RELEVANT FOR THIS POSITION
- A solid technical background: work experience, a technical degree, or your own projects.
- An analytical mindset, curiosity, and pragmatism.
- Experience in search or a search-related field, like natural language processing, knowledge graphs, or recommender systems.
- Clarity, openness, and enthusiasm in communication with colleagues across domains.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Join an exceptional multinational team of almost 100 and shape the future of classical music.
- Enjoy a positive and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin Kreuzberg.
- Contribute directly to the success of our beautiful product.
- Enjoy flexible working hours, occasional remote work and the freedom to use the tools and hardware of your choice.
- IDAGIO is well funded by renowned investors such as Tengelmann Ventures, Macquarie Capital and b-to-v.
- Receive a competitive salary and a yearly education budget.
- Sharpen your piano skills on our Steinway Model D, and yes, there is good coffee too.
- We can support you with your visa process and answer questions you might have. Berlin is a beautiful city with lots to do.
“This startup is set to revolutionize classical music” – Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Classical music connects people all over the world, transcending culture, race, and generation to inspire and evoke thoughts and emotions in a powerful way. Our vision is to enrich people’s lives through classical music. That’s why we are building a streaming service that caters to the unique depth and complexity of the genre – with the goal of making classical music as accessible as never before.
We work with all major and specialized record labels around the globe and maintain close relationships with the world’s leading artists and musical institutions. Among them great orchestras such as the Vienna Philharmonic or iconic artists like Thomas Hampson. IDAGIO is available to music lovers across the globe.