Senior Software Engineer (Distributed Systems) // Yilu
Yilu — solidly backed by Lufthansa Group — is on a mission to make traveling truly seamless. Yilu is a powerful B2B platform empowering the world’s leading travel brands to build more functional and personalized user frontends than ever before.
Join one of our self-sufficient, autonomous teams as a Senior Software Engineer (Distributed Systems) and work alongside some super-smart people, where you are empowered to take decisions jointly. Here you will experience freedom, brain-teasing challenges and a lot of guidance and support from your colleagues at Yilu!
Do you understand the value a microservice architecture brings? Do you feel comfortable addressing the problems that come along? Are you a fan of high availability and observability? Can you tell how event sourcing and CQRS relate? Do you think of CAP every time you develop a new service? Do functional programming principles fascinate you?
If your answer to all of the above is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
These will be your tasks:
- Contribute to Yilu’s distributed platform and help deliver a modern, scalable and resilient system;
- Design, develop, roll-out and maintain microservices with stable and consistent APIs;
- Refactor synchronous, domain-modelled services to asynchronous event sourced ones;
- Own your work, from development to production;
- Work as part of a cross-functional scrum team which delivers value each sprint;
- Apply best practices for designing distributed systems and mentor engineers.
- 5 years experience in building and maintaining distributed systems;
- Fluent in at least two out of Java, Python and Scala;
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, their challenges and trade-offs;
- Experience in designing, implementing and observing microservice-based architectures;
- Hands-on experience with event sourcing, CQRS as well as messaging systems and streaming platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills and an agile mindset, with the focus on delivering user value;
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform as well as familiarity with functional programming are a huge plus.
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing multinational team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with great access to great food and transport connections;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with high degree of creative freedom;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth and the chance to impact the success of the company;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- Agile development with continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI & CD);
- Competitive compensation with benefits;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!