Senior Backend Engineer
permanent, full time
Our goal @Zenjob is to match people with work that interests them by giving them the freedom to decide when and where they want to work through automation and digitalisation. We are organised according to these two value streams, with engineers embedded directly into cross-functional teams. As a Backend Engineer your main objective is to deliver features for our users. You will design and build products with your team, working together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to solve common goals. You should be a team player with strong technical knowledge, who is eager to learn, and have a passion for building products that our users love.
How you will contribute
- Design and develop innovative, secure solutions with your team
- Work closely with stakeholders, product and QA to deliver high-value, performant, and robust features
- Own your work from concept all the way to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Handle complex data processing and modelling
- Work closely with other teams to continue the evolution of our system from a well-structured monolith to a service-oriented architecture
- Share your knowledge, including mentoring the engineers in your cross-functional team to help them grow and constantly improve
- Actively participate in and drive agile approaches and processes
- Support the company to grow in a healthy way by creating a feedback culture, and participating in hiring and capacity planning
Who you are
- Comfortable working with scalable web applications and frameworks (Spring Boot, REST, Events, Kafka, etc.)
- Advocate of the DevOps culture with no fear of CI/CD
- Enjoy working with distributed systems and all the complexities that they bring
- Bring a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Possess a desire to innovate and the pragmatism to find the most optimal solutions
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Great communicator that can easily explain ideas and engage people
- Empathy and understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and outline briefly why this position is of interest to you.
We are looking forward to your application!