(Senior) Backend Software Engineer / Python Developer (m/f/d) // Vimcar
As an essential part of our international team and with solid experience in building and operating server-side applications, you are eager to build the next generation of our connected cars platform with a strong focus on scalability and maintainability as we continue to grow quickly.
Join our Platform & Infrastructure Team now as Backend Software Engineer / Python Developer (m/f/d)!
THE VIMCAR STORY:
As one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS startups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to reduce operational cost for fleets. Vimcar already has connected 50,000+ cars (including customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn, Ford and Adecco) and raised $20m+ from renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 90 employees from 15+ countries are working on our mission to build Europe´s leading fleet tech company.
In the tech department, we are four independent, cross-functional engineering teams, divided into three areas: Application Engineering, Platform Engineering and Data Integrations. We work agile, applying the optimal methodology (Scrum or Kanban) depending on each team’s size and the products they own. We truly understand DevOps as a software engineering culture, by bringing the development and operation of all our software closely together in every team.
THE TECHNOLOGY STACK:
- Most of our services are written in Python, based on proven frameworks like Flask or Celery. Yet the language is just a tool, chosen in terms of performance, reliability and productivity.
- We focus on the application layer! Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS or Kinesis.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Data goes where it is handled most efficiently. We rely on PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Our platform as well as the necessary cloud infrastructure is designed and operated by you and your team.
- You maintain and evolve existing services and make sure they are keeping up with our growth.
- You design and evolve APIs, which serve functionality to other services or to our mobile and web clients.
- To build the optimal technical solutions, you evaluate, choose and elaborate the right technologies.
- We understand DevOps as a software engineering culture. You deploy your code to production, relying on our highly automated CI-CD infrastructure.
- You are an experienced Python developer, who is confident in designing, building and operating decoupled, distributed, scalable applications.
- You have worked with cloud providers like AWS and are familiar with Docker.
- Solving hard problems and digging into new, unfamiliar topics is what you like doing.
- You value the benefits of startups, because they offer a lot of freedom. In turn, you show ownership and take responsibility in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Full working proficiency in English.
Everyone here at Vimcar is working towards our mission to disrupt fleet management. We support your professional growth and want you to succeed with us. At Vimcar, you will find:
- A permanent full-time position in an agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team,
- We are operating in a fast growth environment, allowing us to build products that are both innovative and built to last,
- The opportunity to work with a modern tech stack and solve complex challenges to further deepen your experience and skills as a software engineer,
- Competitive salary, a company laptop, free language classes, and flexible working hours,
- A variety of company benefits to choose from like a gym membership or a subsidy to Berlin’s public transportation.
Please note that we, unfortunately, currently cannot offer relocation or visa support.